TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read the Terms & Conditions before confirming your ETA application
I hereby certify that I have read and understood all the terms and conditions set forth in this application and all the information I have furnished in this form are true and accurate to the best of my knowledge and belief.
I understand that any false or misleading statement may result in the permanent refusal of an ETA or denial of entry into Sri Lanka. I understand that possession of an ETA does not entitle me to enter Sri Lanka upon arrival at a port of entry if I am found inadmissible.
- All ETA holders should be able to prove:
(i) A round trip ticket to show at the port of entry in Sri Lanka (only if you are traveling by air).
(ii) Evidence of sufficient funds to cover your expenses in Sri Lanka.
- Employment : Holder of ETA, should not engage in any form of employment, paid or unpaid, or in any trade or business other than specified in the ETA, during the period of his/her stay in Sri Lanka
- Fees and Payments : You agree that your credit card(s) will be billed immediately after submission of your application. Requirements and Fees related to processing of your application are subject to change from time to time and you agree that the ETA processing fee once paid by you is not refundable and not transferable.
- Communication : By using this site, you do authorize the Department of Immigration & Emigration Sri Lanka to contact you via e-mail, messaging, or any other electronic or non-electronic means of communication.
- Accuracy : By submitting your application, you do certify that the information provided by you is true and correct.
- Limitations of use : You may not use this site for any purpose other than the intended purpose.
(1) Application Submitting Terms
- You must enter the passport number correctly
- You must enter nationality correctly as appears in the travel document
- You must enter your date of birth correctly
You must recheck/crosscheck above information to ascertain that they have been entered correctly. You are required to pay for the visa again on arrival in case of any inconstancy in above particulars.
(2) You must make sure that the same travel document which was used for applying online visa is used for entering into Sri Lanka. In the event, you produce a travel document other than the one used for applying online visa, you are required to pay again on arrival for the visa.
- An ETA once issued is valid for a multiple entry to Sri Lanka. It is valid for a period of 3 months from the date of its issuance, and lets you stay in the Sri Lanka territory for a maximum of 30 days. The visa is only issued for tourism and commercial purposes. Once the applicant enters Sri Lanka, they will be subject to Sri Lanka laws.
- While staying in Sri Lanka, the traveller is not allowed to accept any type of employment, or enroll for any educational courses. You as a traveller are also not allowed to represent the foreign information media in Sri Lanka.
- The approval and denial of the visa is completely based on the decision of the Sri Lanka High Commission/Consulate. The High Commission reserves all the rights to refuse the ETA application. Just applying for the visa does not guarantee that the ETA will be issued.
- If after rejection, you choose to re-apply for the new visa, then you will be asked to pay for a new ETA application.
- An ETA may be revoked at any time and for any reason, such as new information influencing eligibility. Applicants may be subjected to administrative or criminal penalty if they knowingly and wilfully make any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation in an electronic travel authorization application submitted by the applicant or on the applicant’s behalf.
- It is applicant’s duty to make sure that all the supporting documents or images uploaded by him/her for the visa application are clear and adhere by the specifications as stated by the Sri Lanka High Commission/Consulate. If the images or documents fail to fulfil the specified criteria, then it may result in an ETA application rejection or denial of entry into Sri Lanka by the Sri Lanka Immigration Officer at the entry/exit points.
- As soon as the payment is made by the applicant on our website, we will start processing your visa application for the approval. The approval of ETA application is under the sole discretion of the Sri Lanka High Commission/Consulate. Sri Lanka High Commission/Consulate also reserves the right to decline/rejects an ETA application without providing any reason whatsoever.
- Sri Lanka Visa Desk is an individual website and has no affiliation with the Sri Lanka Government.
- It takes us 48-72 hours to get your visa processed. This time period does not include weekends, public holidays, Sri Lanka holidays, current country or region holidays and other holidays which may be announced.
- As soon as the ETA application is approved/rejected, we will send an email notification regarding the ETA application result. Application results may include the following status:
- On Approval – The ETA application has been approved.
- On Rejection – The ETA application has been declined.
- Request for Document – The Applicant is required to upload/re-upload supporting documents as specified by us on the email.
- Request for Interview – The Applicant is required to attend an interview session with the Sri Lanka High Commission/Consulate before any approval decision is been made.
- In case the applicant is asked to attend the interview, then he/she must ensure to be available as per the scheduled date and time set by the Sri Lanka High Commission / Consulate to ensure the approval decision can be made accordingly.
- Issuance or approval of an ETA does not in any way guarantee the applicant the right to enter Sri Lanka. The entry is at the sole discretion of the Sri Lanka Immigration Officer at the entry point. In case of denial of visa or entry into Sri Lanka by the Immigration Officer, Sri Lanka Visa Desk shall not be liable to the applicant in any manner.
- Applicants shall furnish the following proofs to the Immigration Officers at the Entry/Exit points of Sri Lanka Airport:
deal with under the Laws of Haryana court, India.
- Sri Lanka Visa Desk, in its sole discretion, may change, amend, cancel or withdraw any or all of the terms and conditions mentioned herein at any time without any prior notice. If, you as an applicant do not agree with any of the changes made on the Terms and Conditions page, then you can quit using the www.srilankavisadesk.com right away.
- By continuing to access or use the Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.